Since its incorporation as a non-profit arts organization 35 years ago, the Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts (UICA) has offered the Grand Rapids community a place to see the latest forms of contemporary visual art, performance, and film.
In 2011, the organization moved to a NEW facility in the heart of downtown, providing increased awareness and visibility for the organization featuring gallery spaces, a state-of-the-art film theatre, and community studio space for artists and youth. UICA effectively contributes to West Michigan's ability to attract and retain creative, urban-oriented professionals. The new location has activated the Division Avenue corridor and is a vibrant anchor to the emerging Avenue for the Arts local initiative.
UICA's new facility also advances our region's growing reputation for groundbreaking green initiatives by creating one of the nation's first LEED-certified facilities uniting nonprofit, government, retail and residential components!
As the Facilities Manager you will be responsible for:
• Routine care and maintenance of UICA's facilities, furniture and equipment
• Schedule and supervise 2-3 part time facilities staff
• Administer state of the art, facility-related software and monitor systems (security, HVAC, lighting)
• Inventory and stock management of maintenance supplies
• Oversee set-up and clean-up of all facility rentals and coordinate with vendors using the facility
• General office responsibilities, including participating in and conducting weekly team meetings
• Assist with gallery installations
This is a full time position, with the opportunity for a flexible schedule. Some office hours will be required, as well as attendance at some evening and weekend events. This position will report to the Director of Operations.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you must possess:
• Successful candidates will possess leadership skills, critical thinking skills, collaboration skills, problem-solving abilities and experience in project management
• a passion for the arts
• experience with managing a facility
• 5+ years of management experience
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
This position will be based in Grand Rapids, MI. Grand Rapids is a city with a myriad of possibilities and options! It's a great town with top notch school systems, cultural events, awesome outdoor activities, excellent restaurants, and much more! To learn more about the Grand Rapids area visit: http://www.visitgrandrapids.org
, www.rightplace.org, or www.hellowestmichigan.com.
To apply please include your cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. Only candidates possessing the minimum requirements for the position should apply. All others will not be contacted.