Willard G. Pierce and Jessie M. Pierce Foundation, dba
PIERCE CEDAR CREEK INSTITUTE
DATE: Updated, May 2012
BROAD FUNCTION: The Marketing Director is responsible for formulating and executing the marketing efforts of the Pierce Cedar Creek Institute. The Marketing Director will oversee media and community relations for Pierce Cedar Creek Institute, coordinate mailings and the dissemination of all marketing information. The Marketing Director is also responsible for the membership and volunteer programs.
- Develop and implement publicity and/or advertising plans
- Develop and implement a general marketing plan for the Institute.
- Oversee Institute Gift Shop.
- Oversee Membership Program.
- Oversee Volunteer Program.
- Perform duties on time and within budget.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Marketing Director is accountable to the Executive Director.
PRIMARY DUTIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Develop and implement a professional marketing program for the Institute that promotes all service areas, including educational programs, community and member events, biological field station (BFS) program, facility rentals, and special projects.
- Develop and execute quarterly marketing plan.
- Coordinate media buys including newspaper and radio ads.
- Oversee public relations including maintaining updated media list and distributing press releases.
- Oversee Membership Program including implementing marketing and recruitment plan. Assure that renewal notices are sent in timely manner.
- Coordinate Volunteer Program, including recruitment and training. Work with Marketing Coordinator to ensure volunteers help is scheduled as needed.
- Manage Gift Shop including purchasing, inventory management, and display. Work with Marketing Coordinator on Holiday Gift Show.'
- Maintain a working knowledge and professional working relationships in all aspects of job requirements.
- Assist Field Station Director with marketing of Biological Field Station program, including overseeing special events. Develop and manage BFS Alumni program.
- Coordinate communication with BFS students, including summer newsletter and planning social activities.
- Assist with strategic plan and fund development efforts.
- Host brunch events and assist as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Creativity and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop relationships and resources that enhance and strengthen the promotional efforts of the Institute.
- Strong marketing background and understanding of business principles.
- Ability to develop plans and timelines and follow through to completion.
- Commitment to the Pierce Cedar Creek Institute mission.
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY: The Marketing Director must work with all staff to ensure marketing efforts are enhancing and strengthening Institute programs and its mission.
PLANNING & BUDGETING RESPONSIBILITY:
§ Initiate and follow-through with planning efforts responsible for.
§ Develop annual budget in all areas of responsibility and track and manage approved budget.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: The Marketing Director is responsible for supervising the Marketing Coordinator. The Marketing Director is also responsible for supervision of volunteers in area of responsibility.